19th Century elegance and designer chic in Galata
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
A much-loved, stylish apartment on the 2nd floor of a historic 19th century building near Galata Tower. Quiet, cosy and atmospheric with exceptional interior design. The streets below are characterful and you’ll feel you’re experiencing authenticity across time. Three floors up, a shared roof-terrace has stunning views over the Golden Horn. We offer trusted airport transfers and our special connections with local guides to help build your own genuine and memorable perspective of the city.
The apartment building is only 2 minutes walk from Sishane metro station, 1 minute walk from Tünel funicular and a downhill walk to connect with the tram for Sultanahmet. Famous Istiklal Avenue is less than 5 minutes walk up the hill.
This is the perfect apartment for discerning guests who enjoy a stylish space with edgy design and city-scape views from a shared roof terrace – in a central and fascinating historic location.
All furnishings and fittings are high-end and the interior design skillfully crafted, balancing contemporary style, antique and vintage treasures, soft and industrial design elements. The space itself is thoughtfully arranged for privacy and comfort.
Two flights of original marble stairs take you up to the apartment and a three more onto the shared roof-terrace, with its lovely views across the Golden Horn. You’re welcome to take your drinks, meals or simply thoughts up there any time.
The streets below are atmospheric with small, trendy boutiques and welcoming cafe-restaurants, yet are quiet and residential at night. Galata’s pedestrianised area is just around the corner with its lively pavement cafes and restaurants plus all the buzz of this bohemian district.
– 2 DOUBLE BEDROOMS (one with a stylish kingsize and one with twin beds) make it romantic for a couple, fun for 2 couples and spacious for 2 single travellers . The bedrooms both have elegant blackout curtains and high ceilings for airiness.
Linens and towels are all top quality Turkish cotton – crisp, white and freshly laundered. Duvets are feather and plentiful pillows are either feather or microfibre, so you may choose to mix as you wish for your personal comfort.
– The LIVING ROOM is large, with 2 double sofas and an armchair – cosy, stylish seating for everyone and plenty of options to relax. It has atmospheric lighting and views over the street-life below from its 4 original sash windows.
The apartment boasts very efficient central combi-gas heating with a state-of-the-art thermostat giving you absolute control.
– The KITCHEN is spacious, with a gas hob, microwave, dishwasher and large fridge-freezer. All the kitchen equipment is of great quality and well thought-out. Cafetière, Turkish coffee pan, teapot, tea glasses and large mugs are all provided, as are start-up amounts of coffee, tea and sugar. Glasses and crockery are stylish and plentiful.
– Close to the kitchen the spacious ENTRANCE HALL has a circular dining table with atmospheric, dimmable pendant lighting and comfortable seating for 5.
– The BATHROOM is modern with a roomy rain-shower and 24/7 hot water. It has plentiful storage under the sink and high quality Turkish cotton white towels.
– There’s a UTILITY ROOM with a washing machine, iron and ironing board plus storage space.
– ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT includes air conditioning units, a smart TV (YouTube, Netflix and Prime Video), hair-dryer, kettle, toaster, guide and art books plus decorative Ottoman antiques. We want to ensure that your stay is as culturally rich and comfortable as possible.
– The apartment’s WIFI is speedy and free.
This apartment is 110m2 in total and well laid-out, with large sash windows, lovely high ceilings and some frescoes remaining. The exposed floorboards and wooden panelled doors are all original, giving a homely yet stylish atmosphere. The bedrooms comfortably accommodate four people and a fifth/child on a fold-out bed in the living/dining room is possible.
This place is everything you could ask for!
Steve from US
- Free WiFi Internet
- Cable TV (LCD)
- Central Heating and Hot Water
- Washing Machine
- Baby Cot (please request in advance)
- Toaster, Kettle, Iron