Penthouse with private terrace and perfect views
2 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms
A magical way to experience Istanbul, with million-dollar city-scape views from your private and spacious terrace, bedroom and living room. This is a very special penthouse on the 5th floor of an elegant 19th Century apartment building near Galata Tower.
Furnished with a balance of classy antiques and contemporary designer pieces, it’s style-meets-substance . You’ll be a resident of the most sophisticated street in this bohemian area, with its boutiques, cafes and restaurants only steps away.
Galata neighbourhood is full of great restaurants, cool cafes and independent shops, with family-run grocery stores just steps away. This elegant 19th C building has a beautiful original marble staircase. Rooms bright and spacious with high ceilings.
The apartment is only 3 minute walk from Sishane metro station, 3 minutes walk to Tünel funicular and a short downhill walk to connect with the tram for Sultanahmet. Famous Istiklal Avenue is around 3 minutes walk up the hill.
This is the perfect apartment for discerning guests who enjoy a stylish space with stunning city-scape views at your beck and call – in a central and fascinating historic location.
All furnishings and fittings are high-end and the interior design is skillfully crafted, balancing contemporary style and vintage treasures, soft and industrial design elements. The space itself is thoughtfully arranged for privacy and comfort.
We know you’ll love it!
Please note that this is a penthouse apartment on the 5th floor of a historic building with no lift/elevator. You will need to manage – hopefully enjoy – 5 flights of elegant marble stairs to access it and the magical views it provides. Extra baklava rewards are yours :))
The apartment building is very well connected to public transport and taxis are easily available. It’s 500m from Galata Tower, only 4 minutes’ walk from Sishane metro station, 3 minutes’ walk to Tünel funicular and a short downhill walk to connect with the tram for Sultanahmet. Famous Istiklal Avenue is around 5 minutes’ walk up the hill.
– The large TERRACE is absolutely stunning. Truly breathtaking 180 degree views across the Bosphorus and Golden Horn are yours to enjoy – in privacy – any time you like. Such a feature with such a perfect view is very unusual for Istanbul, unique in fact – magical! It’s furnished with a dining table and seating for 4 plus two comfortable deck chairs.
– 2 DOUBLE BEDROOMS (with stylish double beds) make it romantic for a couple, fun for 2 couples and spacious for 2 single travellers . The main bedroom has floor to ceiling sliding glass doors with direct access to the terrace and its views. Pull the curtains back in the morning to ever-changing light over the city and enjoy tea in bed with the skyline spread our before you! The second bedroom is tucked away at the back of the property, cosy and quiet but with no views.
Linens and towels are all top quality Turkish cotton – crisp, white and freshly laundered. Duvets are feather and plentiful pillows are either feather or microfibre, so you may choose to mix as you wish for your personal comfort.
– The LIVING ROOM also has floor to ceiling sliding glass doors with direct access to the terrace. It’s large and comfortable with atmospheric lighting and cosy, stylish seating for everyone plus a bar table with high stools to make the most of the views. Another special feature is a high quality contemporary wood-burning fireplace – incredibly atmospheric in the cooler months.
Please note that the apartment boasts very efficient central combi-gas heating, so the fireplace is largely for atmosphere.
– The high-end designer KITCHEN is open plan and spacious, with a gas hob, oven, microwave and large fridge-freezer. All the kitchen equipment is of great quality and well thought-out. Cafetière, Turkish coffee pan, teapot, tea glasses and large mugs are all provided, as are start-up amounts of coffee, tea and sugar. Glasses and crockery are stylish and plentiful.
Close to the kitchen is a circular designer dining table with atmospheric pendant lighting and comfortable seating for 4.
– The en suite BATHROOM is modern with a roomy rain-shower and 24/7 hot water. It has a beautiful marble hamam-style basin, lots of storage and high quality Turkish cotton white towels.
The second loo, close to the second bedroom, also has a stylish marble basin.
– Each bedroom has a huge fitted WARDROBE providing extra storage space for clothes and suitcases.
– There is a LAUNDRY CUPBOARD with a washing machine, iron and ironing board plus storage space.
– Tarkan and Julia at Istanbul Place Apartments have been hosting international guests for many years. They love doing so and always strive to exceed guest expectations.
– ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT includes air conditioning units, a smart TV (YouTube, Netflix and Prime Video), hair-dryer, kettle, toaster, guide and art books plus decorative Ottoman antiques. We want to ensure that your stay is as culturally rich and comfortable as possible.
– The apartment’s WIFI is speedy and free.
You get this almost magical kind of vacation energy: the kind that lives on for years in memories and moments you talk about with friends and family.
Matt from US
- Free WiFi Internet
- Cable TV (LCD)
- Central Heating and Hot Water
- Baby Cot (please request in advance)
- Toaster, Kettle, Iron